Michael Todd Greene, Ed.D., M.S., R.D.N.
Dr. Michael Todd Greene is a solutions-focused Senior Executive and Board Member with more than 35 years of success across the hospital and healthcare, corporate wellness, clinical nutrition and nonprofit industries. Leveraging extensive experience in developing programs for health and human services, he is a valuable advisor for an organization focused on nutrition, dietetics and the creation of a healthy work environment. His broad areas of expertise include business development, people management, clinical understanding, public speaking, and corporate development. He is a subject matter expert in Severe Malnutrition, Food Insecurity and Motivation.
Throughout his executive career, Michael has held leadership positions with DocRD® L.L.C., St. Vincent Medical Center, Contracted Food Service-Food IV, Ritz Carlton, and The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
• Chief Study Researcher: Vocational Education Graduates: A Mixed Methods Analysis On Beliefs And Influences Of Career Choice And Persistence, USC, 2013.
• Created and established “Best in Class” services in healthcare promoting health and wellness in the cafeterias, catering, specialty vending and medical nutrition therapy and clinical practices.
• Chief Study Researcher: Micronutrient Supplementation for Patients with HIV, CSULA, 2009
• Reduced food insecurity among low-income, under-represented, multicultural communities in Los Angeles County by focused outreach, research, and teaching and developed “Champions for Change.”
• Developed the proposed curriculum for USCs On-line Master of Arts in Counseling Degree.
• Managed a growing $3.9M profit and loss food service operation at St. Vincent Medical Center.
• Drove up client and patient satisfaction as demonstrated by patient satisfaction scores and client expectations.
• Led and motivated teams and committees to exceed client expectations in the service and technical execution of full food service and clinical nutrition operations.
• DocRD® L.L.C., Owner, 2017-Present
• Long Beach City College, Adjunct Instructor – Nutrition and Food, 2013-Present
Member of the Board of Directors and Vice President, Programs, SOSMentor, 2015-2017-Present
Executive Committee Board Member SOSMentor, Secretary, 2016-2017
Advisory Board Member, California State University-Los Angeles, Nutritional Science Dept Coordinated Dietetics Program, 2011-Present
Advisory Board Member, Los Angeles City College, Registered Diet Technician Program, 2013-Present
Board Member, Department of Public Health Regional Board – Network for Healthy California
Credentials & Thought Leadership
California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2007-Present
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2006-Present
University of Southern California, Doctor of Education, 2013
California State University-Los Angeles, Master of Science and Bachelor of Science, Nutritional Science, 2006 and 2009
American Institute of Baking, Manhattan, KS, Baking, Science and Technology Residency, 2004
Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Associate of Arts, Professional Baking (Graduating Commencement Speaker), 2004
Santa Monica College, Associate of Arts, Business Administration and Management, 1987
Author, Numerous Publications
Speaker, Various Industry Events
Founding Member, Association of Professional Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, 2018